An Amazing Day!

I have to say, I'm pretty sure your children are capable of more than you think they are. Why do I say that? Because I think my children (and all children, for that matter) are very capable little individuals and they STILL manage to suprise me at least once everyday! Today, of course, was no exception.

I think the most amazing thing that happened today was in the aftermath of doing a geography lesson with Lily. I finally put our large wall map up at Lily's level (after 4 months of having it sitting in the corner...bad Mommy!). We did our geography lesson in which she pointed out 20 countries. That was impressive enough, but then...

A couple hours after we had done our lesson Lily went down for a nap. Violet was just waking up from hers, so I went to retreive her from the bedroom. As we passed my the map in the hallway, she began to reach for it. I though, "Why not...?" and held her in front of the map and asked, "Violet, where's Russia?" and SHE SHOWED ME!! I continued to do that with *14* other countries and my 11 month old baby knew where all of them were just from watching her sister! Aren't children just amazing!?

I am in the midst of making country flag cards to use in our geography lessons but, in the meantime, check these ones out:


Aside from our amazing geography journey, we managed to complete about 10% of our learning goals for the next two weeks in just one day. I'm so excited to say that today was such a success that I think it may keep me motivated to keep up the momentum for the rest of the week!

So, the moral of today's story is simple - never assume that your child is not capable of doing something! Let them try and the may just surprise you!

Comments

Popular Posts