Does "Beans and Wieners" Count?


Yet another edition of Menu Plan Monday!!! (though wait, it's technically Tuesday by a few minutes...I'll just pretend I'm in Alberta...Anywho...

Last week turned out really well. Where I do have to admit that I made some substitutions based on how I was feeling that particular day, having a menu in place actually help ensure that there was a meal on the table everyday. Well, except that day that we had corndogs for dinner. I can't, in good conscience, call that a meal. But we just won't talk about that, k? Oh, and then there were the "Beans and Weiners" that I laced with ten tonnes of veggies. But that was a request from hubby. By the way, I have NEVER made beans and wieners. Ever. It's a miracle it tasted good- I threw everything in there!

I hope to have similar, or even greater, success with the menu plan this week, so here's my plan:

Monday: Leftover Spaghetti
Tuesday: Jambalaya (This recipe isn't exactly how I make it, but still extremely delicious!)
Wednesday: Baked Ham, Mixed Vegetables, and Extremely-Mushroom-Heavy Scalloped Potatoes (mushrooms were on sale and Lily LOVES them)
Thursday: Thai Peanut Chicken
Friday: Roasted Garlic and Potato Soup and Tomato Avocado Sandwiches with Vegan Mayo
Saturday: Leftovers
Sunday: Veggie Burgers

As you can see, I was still not brave enough to add in lunches and breakfast. Maybe someday. Maybe.

Comments

Popular Posts