If Only I Could Remember to Take Photos and Measure...

...I could actually give you a recipe for what I made tonight and show it to you! However, I didn't put new batteries in our camera and I never measure what I'm putting in my food. But, because it was so yummy I'll do my best to share anyways!

Thai Inspired Mahi Mahi (Feeds 4)
(Mahi Mahi could be substituted with any white fish)

Ingredients

4 Fillets

Ground ginger
Garlic powder
Onion powder
Ground turmeric
Cilantro
Red chili's or cayenne (optional)

1/2 Red Pepper
1/2 Yellow Pepper
1/2 Onion
3 Rings on canned pineapple, finely chopped
2-3 cloves Garlic, chopped

Olive oil
Soy Sauce
Pineapple juice

Directions

1) Season fish with mix of ginger, garlic powder, onion powder, turmeric, cilantro, and chili/cayenne. Bake at 350 for 15-20 min.

2) While fish is baking, sauté onions and peppers in a small amount of olive oil with a few dashes of soy sauce (maybe 2 teaspoons), pineapple juice (roughly 1/4c), a mix of garlic powder, ginger, onion powder, and turmeric. When vegetables are soft, add pineapple and cilantro (about 1 teaspoon).

3) Cover baked fish with sauce and serve.


So, it may not be perfect (ya' know, with the lack of accurate measurements and all), but it was yummy and it definitely husband-approved. It was pretty too - maybe next time I'll remember the camera!

Comments

Popular Posts